Terms and Conditions for the National Farmer Calf Survey Prize Draw – Ireland
Who can enter
- This free prize draw is open to all livestock farmers residing in the the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Promoters (and their immediate families) and agencies associated with this free prize draw are ineligible to enter.
How to participate
- No purchase is necessary to enter the free prize draw.
- To enter the free prize draw, entrants are required to complete the survey either by mail, email or on www.calfmatters.com including their contact details.
- You can only enter the free prize draw once.
- Completion of the survey will automatically enter you into the free prize draw and will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Opening and Closing dates
- The free prize draw opens for entries on 11th September 2017.
- The closing time for entries is 11:59 pm GMT on 7th October 2017.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be included in the prize draw.
- The Promoters will not be responsible for any entries that are not received by it for any reason, by the closing date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
- Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. All entries are subject to verification by the Promoters prior to being accepted as part of the free prize draw. Damaged, illegible or incomplete entries will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- There will be 10 winners. Each winner will receive one Cosy Calf jacket valued at £24/€27. Prices correct at the time of print.
- The prize is also subject to any terms issued by the supplier of the prize.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
The Promoters reserve the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative of a similar nature and value.
- The Promoters will not be held liable for additional costs or expenses associated with the prizes that are not expressly included in the prizes.
Announcement of Winners
- The 10 prize winners will be selected from a random draw of eligible entries by a third party on 17th October 2017. The 10 winners will be announced on www.calfmatters.com and will be notified by phone, email or letter by 23rd October 2017 and be given details of how to claim their prize.
- If a prize winner does not claim a prize by 31st October 2017, or if a winner is not available to take up the prize or is disqualified, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoters shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 30 days of being notified of their win.
- The winners agree to take part in future promotional activity on the Promoters’ reasonable request.
- To receive a written copy of the winners list please request this in writing by contacting the Promoters at Merial Animal Health, PO Box 327, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TG.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the free prize draw, the decision of the Promoters shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Liability of Promoters
- If this free prize draw is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoters (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant in general; or (f) use of a prize. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude the liability of the Promoters for: death or personal injury resulting from negligence; fraud; or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In order to administer this free prize draw, the Promoters will collect and process personal information which may be disclosed, for these purposes, to other parties including agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. By entering the free prize draw, all entrants consent to their personal data being used in this manner and for these purposes.
- This is a promotion run by Merial Animal Health, PO Box 327, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TG
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The prize draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.