Terms and Conditions – #calfmatters social media competition
Eligibility to Enter
- The #calfmatters social media competition (the “Competition”) is open to all vets and livestock farmers residing in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over.
- The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Merial Animal Health (the “Promoter”), their immediate families, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
- Entry into the Competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the Competition, obtain a #calfmatters bumper sticker from your vet or on request from calfmatters.com attach it to your tractor or car or office window for example, take a photo of yourself with your sticker and submit the photo either by email to GBcalfmatters@merial.com or post it on your Twitter feed and/or Facebook page using the hashtag #CALFMATTERS. All images submitted must be the original work of the entrant and it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photo they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Entrants must abide by the CALFMATTERS general social media policy for images, more information found here. Entries can also be submitted from farmers and or vets who visit the CALFMATTERS stand at the UK Dairy Day on the 13th September 2017. Here, the farmer and /or vet can have his/her photograph taken with the I Vaccinate bumper sticker which is then posted to the CALFMATTERS social media channels with the farmers or vet’s name. This is taken as their entry into the competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted and no purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or otherwise, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- The Competition opens for entries on 6.00am Wednesday 13th September 2017 and closes at 23:59 on 31st December 2017. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient quality.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. However, by submitting an entry to the Competition and in consideration of the chance to win the Competition, you give the Promoter (a) permission for your entry to be published on the Promoter’s websites including but not limited to www.calfmatters.com and on any social media account controlled by the Promoter including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition, and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the Promoter, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled, and (b) the right to use your name for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
Picking the Winners
- A panel of judges, including at least one member who is independent of the Promoter, will select, from all valid entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions, one winning entry (the “Overall Winner”) and thirty five runners up.
- When choosing the winners, the judges will consider the general artistic quality, taking into account the originality and the aptness to the CALFMATTERS campaign Entries taken at the UK Dairy Day and outside of this event will be considered equally. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants must not contact, or try to contact, the judges in any way in connection with the Competition, or otherwise try to influence the judges’ selection of the winners.
- Full details of the judging process and the names of the judges are available on request to GBcalfmatters@merial.com.
- The Overall Winner will receive one IAE Calf Weigh Crate. The first twenty five runners up will each receive one Bovalto Accurus® Injector and the remaining ten runners up will each receive one Cosy Calf Jacket. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes that are not expressly included in the prizes.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar nature and value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
Announcement of Winners
- The winners will be decided at the end of January 2018, and will be contacted via the medium in which they entered, i.e. via email, Twitter or Facebook, within 14 days of the decision to give details of how to claim their prize.
- If a winner does not claim his/her prize within 14 days of being notified, or if the winner is not available to take up the prize or is disqualified, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prizes will be sent to the winners or in the case IAE calf crate, the winner may need to collect within 30 days of acceptance and receipt of the winners contact details. In some cases, Merial will ask the winners to have their photograph taken with the prize to be posted on social media. The winner has the right to give or not give permission for this.
- The winners’ names and counties can be obtained after 28 February 2018 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter at Merial Animal Health, PO Box 327, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TG.
- The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on the Promoter’s reasonable request.
Liability of Promoter
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the Competition.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Promoter is Merial Animal Health, Sandringham House, Harlow Business Park, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TG.