Boehringer Ingelheim Limited (“We” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The http://calfmatters.com/ website (“Website” or “Site”).
- Any of the services accessible through the Site.
Our Site is not intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide personal data to or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 18. If you are under 18, please do not create an account or send us any information about you.
The data controller is Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, of Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YS (Company Number 00711858).
2. Personal data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
Personal data you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or registering on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to receiving emails from us, subscribe to receive information from us, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Personal data we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site We may automatically collect the following information:
- Additional information, if you provide additional information (such as information regarding your professional standing) in order to access restricted information, then we will collect that information.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Personal data we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. (In this case we will have informed you when We collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site.) We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive personal data about you from them. We may also collect personal data regarding you from someone you duly authorise to act on your behalf.
From time to time you may be able to visit the Website and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that if you do not provide us with certain information that We require, We may not be able to provide you with particular services that you seek.
4. Uses made of the personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Purposes for processing. We may process personal data regarding you for a number of purposes (including but not limited to): staff administration, advertising; marketing and public relations; accounts and records; consultancy and advisory services; education and journalism; media collecting, monitoring, researching.
Personal data you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use personal data regarding you, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our website;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Personal data We collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Personal data We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). This may include information from face to face interactions such as sales meetings, conferences, or from interactions We may have with you electronically, for example, through sending emails or making telephone calls to you.
5. Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose personal data to third parties in certain circumstances including (but not limited to) the following:
- to fulfil the purposes for which you provided information regarding you;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- regulatory or government bodies including to monitor the effect of medicines or medical devices and also to resolve complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation of those bodies;
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose personal data regarding you to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- third parties to whom We outsource services such as data hosting, analytics, marketing and Site development and maintenance;
- to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any services We may provide for you or any interactions We may have with you as part of your use of the website, including the running and hosting of the website; and/or
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 and/or
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect;
We may transfer personal data regarding you to overseas recipients for business purposes and operational, support and continuity purposes, for example, when We use IT service providers or data storage services which are located overseas. Countries where these recipients are located may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence.
We will disclose personal data regarding you to third parties in order to :
- protect the rights, property or safety of Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Portions of the Site may involve linking to or using web sites or services belonging to third parties. We have no control over third-party sites or services, and all use of third-party sites or services is at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for the privacy policies of any such sites. We are not responsible for content or availability by means of such sites or services. We do not endorse any products offered by third parties and We urge you to exercise caution in using third-party sites or services.
6. Where We store personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, or those secure servers of our third-party service providers. The safety and security of personal data regarding you also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
Please ensure when sharing information via or from the Site (for example, on social networks or other forums), you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
The security of personal data regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal data regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures. Examples include the use of passwords, locked storage cabinets and secured storage rooms. Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology;
- restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files; and
- our IT networks undergo necessary vulnerability testing to continually identify and remediate potential opportunities for unauthorised data access.
We takes steps to destroy or de-identify personal data when the information is no longer required for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed by us and We are no longer required by law to retain the information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect personal data regarding you, or procure that personal data regarding you is secured, We cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received personal data regarding you, We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process personal data regarding you for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting personal data regarding you) if We intend to use such data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose personal data regarding you to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at GBcalfmatters@merial.com – IRcalfmatters@merial.com or FREEPOST BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM ANIMAL HEALTH.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, third parties, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. To protect your privacy, We may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. We do not normally charge for the time spent responding to such requests, but reserve the right to do so, subject to the requirements of applicable law.